I was thinking about safe dating tips after someone asking me a question on Quora.
I was telling my son about a question: “How dangerous is online dating?” and he said, “Oh no! You could meet someone, fall in love and get married!” He was being funny and wasn’t thinking about safe dating tips, of course.
Some people are clueless when they try online dating and do things that put themselves at risk. The stuff people do that is a bad idea are things like meeting for a first date at a shady bar or someone’s house.
A close friend of mine got intimate on the first date with a crazy woman’s (at his house), and she did have some stalker-ish traits.
I want to share some safe dating tips online that will help you feel secure in your search for love— Or whatever it is that you’re looking for.
If walking off into the sunset is what your relationship dreams look like, online dating is a great way to go. You can meet loads of exciting and fun people and even find love!
There are millions of singles just like you looking for dates and a partner— Good guys and incredible women.
Of course, there are fake profiles, catfishers and a few trolls out there— Do some research and be smart about who you meet and where you meet them.
I’ve been on hundreds of dates and only met a couple of fellas who were slightly questionable.
I used safe dating tips in my own life, and I’m still happy and healthy and haven’t had any problems.
Here are some safe dating tips that are easy to follow:
- Set up a profile on one site to start.
- Have a couple of email chats with someone to get a feel for their vibes.
- If something seems fishy— Don’t proceed with your connection.
- You can skype or get a google number to share with your potential date and see if you click.
- Even if you feel a connection over email when you speak with a potential date you may feel differently when you hear their voice.
- Don’t have a date in a dark alley or at someone’s house first. Meet in a well-lit public place and drive yourself or get an uber to your first date.
- Tell a friend you’re going on a date and the location, so they know where you are.
Get in tune with your intuition and listen to what your gut tells you
- If a date creeps you out cut the date short, delete them and block their number.
- Take your time getting to know someone before you invite them to your house or vice versa.
- If you like your date and they give you a good feeling keep meeting them in public until you’re both comfortable meetings up in private.
- Trust your feelings and don’t let your ego get in the way of talking you into being with a creeper.
- If you’re unsure about something someone said or messaged to you, ask a trusted friend or a dating coach what they think. Don’t date someone just because you’re lonely— Date someone because they make you feel like your best self when you’re together! Safe dating tips will help you keep your head on your shoulders, so you make good decisions and have fun!