I’ve got some bad news: If you don’t know how to crank his gears on the first date, you won’t get past date number one.
I want you to know how to act on a first date so you can have a second, a third and many more to come!
There’s hope for your love life, and I’m so glad you are here to learn more tools to get the most out of your first date with that potential love of your life.
It just takes a little tweaking in your actions to create attraction that will make him get in touch the next day, instead of waiting for a week.
If you play your cards right on your first date, he will ask you out for the second date while you are still on the first date.
It’s Easy To Learn How To Act On A First Date So He Will Take It To The Next Level
First things first. Be respectful.
Respect is more important to men than you can ever imagine. The best selling author of “Love And Respect” Emerson Eggrichs, broke it down to two fundamental things about men and women.
Love is for women. Respect is for men— Generally speaking.
Understanding this one essential element when you are on a first date will put you above so many of the other dates this man has had.
Eggrichs asked one question to 400 men:
“If you were forced to choose one of the following, which would you prefer to endure…to be left alone and unloved in the world, or to feel inadequate and disrespected by everyone?”
74% of the men surveyed said they would rather feel unloved and respected than disrespected and inadequate.
So in more than half of the men surveyed respect won that battle.
On the flip side, more women he surveyed would rather feel loved and disrespected.
Personally, I want to love and respect and I hope you do too.
Eggrichs argues in his book that men feeling disrespected leads to divorce in many marriages. Respect is that important to a man, and many wives don’t give their husbands the respect he craves and needs.
I believe many women on first dates don’t give men the respect they need.
According to Psychology Today, there was another study of 300 Harvard Graduates by the Lifestyle poll.
Of these 300 women, 75% of them said they would rather feel “alone and unloved rather than directed and inadequate.
These accomplished and highly educated women tended to favor respect over love as well. Eggrichs had it all wrong on what most women need. Most women need both— Respect and love
A different survey of women occurred later. The sample size was increased to a data set of 1200 diverse women. In this study, 65% of the women would rather feel respected.
Many women want respect and love, and I hope you do too. You deserve both.
The majority of men if forced to choose, would rather live without love than to feel disrespected.
So if you give a man respect on the first date, he will see you as understanding his needs more than most women.
There are many ways to show a man respect that his masculine side will appreciate immensely.
- If your first online date is at 8 p.m. Show up at 8 p.m., not 8:15.
- Welcome him with a smile and a friendly hug.
- Look into his eyes when you are together.
- When a man makes plans for a date— Thank him for doing all the work.
- If he picks up the check, make sure you let him know how much you appreciate it.
- Say things like, “That’s a good idea!” or “It sounds like you are good at your job,” Will stroke his ego and he will love it.
- When he speaks be attentive and not distracted by the table beside you.
- Let him do things his way as long as you feel safe with the idea.
- Don’t tell him the “best way” to park his car or how to get there.
- Allow him to open the door for you.
- When the hostess asks, “How many?” Let him reply, “There are two of us.” It seems little, but men want to feel needed. This kind of behavior shows you are feminine and don’t mind him taking charge.
- Say his name out loud. “Thank you for pulling out my chair, John. I like that about you.”
- If a man asks you a question— answer it. (Unless it’s about your ex).
- If he asks you a questionable question— Let him know you don’t feel comfortable about answering it. He will respect that— And he will respect you.
- Let him have his opinion. You don’t have to agree with everything he says, but there’s no need for you to get up on your soapbox.
- Don’t gossip on your first date— what a turn-off! He will think you are going to gossip about him as soon as the date is over.
- Let him finish his sentences instead of finishing them for him.
- Now That We’ve Covered That Part Of How To Act On A First Date . . .
- The next step is to be playful. The more natural ways to be playful with your first date are:
- Smile with your eyes, not with just your teeth.
- Be authentic.
- Laugh at his jokes.
- Don’t talk about your ex-boyfriend.
- Touch his arm across the table if you like him.
- Compliment his smile, his tie or his fabulous manners
- Ask about his life and listen.
- Make a joke if you are good at it.
How To Act On A First Date Is To Be Hungry— And Not Just For Food
If you are going out for dinner or ice cream, make sure you eat something. Don’t order a side salad, and don’t order the most expensive thing on the menu either.
Eating is a pleasure he wants to see you enjoy yourself. Sharing food with someone can be so sexy. Get as much pleasure out of your meal and your first date as possible.
Pay attention to the smells of everything on your plate and his.
Say things like, “That smells incredible. I can’t wait to taste it.” These are the kinds of words men fall in love with.
Ask him if he likes to share and give him a tasty treat off of your plate. Ask him if you can have a bite of his, with a playful look in your eyes.
Sharing food is one of the greatest joys while you are dating. You get to know about each other’s food likes and dislikes and bond with him quickly.
You can ask him things like:
- “What are some of your favorite foods?”
- “Do you have any special food memories?”
- “Are you a good cook?”
- “Do you like to cook by yourself or do you play well with others in the kitchen?”
- “Do you drink certain wines with specific foods?”
You can keep the conversation flowing through dinner with food questions like these.
Asking him questions will show him that you are hungry to learn more about him and hopefully he will be hungry to learn more about you too!
Another Big Tip Of How To Act On A First Date Is To Be Positive
Nobody wants to hang out with a complainer. Especially on a first date.
Positive energy on a first date breeds more positive energy and future dates.
Talk about things that you are passionate about. Talk about the good things that are happening in your life today, this week, last month or even last year.
Keep things positive on your first date because first impressions matter.
Here are some ideas of positive things you can talk about.
- Bring up your successes at work.
- How much fun you have playing with your brother’s puppy.
- Your fabulous new shoes that he might get to see on date #2 if he’s luck [wink].
- Ask about his friends and tell him about how incredible your friends have been to you.
- You can tell him about how much you appreciate having a dishwasher after living in an old apartment for so long.
- You can tell him how much you love to read in the bathtub after a long day at work— This line will pique his interest!
- Talk about how much you love cooking, reading, or taking care of your garden.
- You may bring up the positive aspects of your last vacation, and how you excited, you are on your trip this summer with your best friends from college.
- How going to the gym has changed your life, and you are on your way to having a 4-pack.
There are so many positive things going on in your life right now if you only give them the attention they deserve. Think about them right now.
Where you are right here right now, even if there are bumps in the road— You have PLENTY of things to be thankful for.
How To Act On A First Date Is To Accept His Compliments And His Gifts
If a man tells you he loves your hair, your dress, your style or anything else about you— Don’t push it away.
Appreciate his compliments.
Say “Thank you” even if it is hard for you to do.
When you aren’t used to accepting compliments, you must learn how to receive them.
Your life will become more energetically prosperous when you learn to receive.
Men love to give, and they want a woman who is good at receiving.
How To Act On A First Date— Receive In The Feminine Way
This is one of the most important aspects of how to act on a first date.
If a man reaches for your coat before or after your date— Let him help you take it off and put it on.
If it’s chilly out and he offers his coat— Take it even if you don’t need it. He will love seeing you in his clothes anyway.
When he tells you that you have beautiful eyes, say, “Thank you, I like you looking into them.”
Receiving is a beautiful thing. When you accept the things a man can give to you, it makes him feel respected.
Respecting him and where he is now will build attraction and will create the space for something deeper just around the corner.
Now you know how to act on a first date to make the most of your first encounter.
If your date goes in for a kiss as he walks to your car accept it. Enjoy it and if it feels good, melt into him.
Let him feel your body against his. This will make him feel like he knows how to please you. Your acceptance of his kiss will make him feel like the two of you have the potential for something much deeper than just a first date.